Get your music on the radio!
We encourage indie artists (of all genres) to submit their original music to Hear It Nation (HIN) for radio play and/or review and promotion. We play mostly hip-hop and rock, and our focus is metro-Detroit and the state Michigan in general. However, we are still interested in, and willing to play, deserving artists from all over the United States. So please submit your music today.
How to Submit Your Music to Hear It Nation:
Before submitting your music to HIN, please make certain you have permission from your label and/or any other copyright holder(s). If you are the label/copyright owner, which we prefer, you’re good to go! Hey… Our sole purpose is to promote Detroit area independent music… we just don’t like being sued.
By submitting your music, you grant the HIN network broadcasting, streaming and podcasting rights of submitted song(s), thereby waiving any present and future rights to the collection of broadcasting and/or mechanical royalties from HIN. In turn, we promise to promote your music and brand all across the Internet and more!
Hear It Nation consists of a group of volunteers who love discovering new music and want to help independent artists get heard. But we get tons of submissions every day and simply don’t have the time (or patience) to carefully research, tag and label each track that comes our way. Truth is, unlabeled/untagged files get ignored.
So help us help you…
- Make sure your tracks have their proper ID3 tags. See: Check Your [ID3] Tags Like a Pro.
- One to three (3) of your best tracks max. MP3 files only. No mixtapes. No albums. 6MB file size max.
- Upload something awesome! Half-produced, one-off tracks aren’t going to get played.
- Provide album art.
- Briefly tell us your story, the song(s) story… Tell us why you’re different… Give us something to talk about!
- Be personable. We’re volunteers. We don’t have time for standardized copy & paste bullshit and over-hyped (bad) sales pitches. We’re people, just like you. So just talk to us.
Terms of Submission:
- You confirm and accept legal responsibility that submitted works to Hear It Nation (HIN) are the property of the artist, and all rights to these works being submitted, including lyrics and music, are the property of the artist.
- You confirm and accept legal responsibility that submitted works contain no recordings, lyrics, copyrights, or other elements that are the copyright of any other artist, except under the limited provisions of the Creative Commons License Agreement.
- Despite any recording contracts with RIAA, ASCAP, or BMI, or other recording industry entity, you, the submitter confirm you or your client retain ownership of the works, and are free to distribute, broadcast, license or sell these works at the your discretion.
- You, the submitter, confirm that you are submitting a musical recording for internet radio airplay and podcast on Hear It Nation and its syndicated destinations and websites with the full understanding that no royalties or fees will be paid to the artist (or collection company on their behalf – PRS, BMI, ASCAP etc) by the Show or Station for the use of their content in the context of the already defined terms, neither in the present nor retroactively. This is a quid pro quo arrangement: free music in exchange for free publicity.
- You, the submitter, indemnify Hear It Nation, its hosts, djs, bloggers, presenters and staff, accepting full legal and financial responsibility for songs submitted which are not under your ownership of which may be subject to rights and royalties collection.