When it comes to marketing music and engaging fans, independent musicians tend to focus their energy on social media (aka waste their time on Facebook). Yet email has been, is, and will continue to be the ticket to success for musicians. In fact, “email marketing is 40 times as effective as Facebook and Twitter, combined.”
The secret behind email marketing is quite simple (and not so secret). You own the email list, along with the permission to contact your fans and potential fans directly to communicate, connect, and sell music, merchandise, tickets and more.
Given how difficult it is to make a living as an independent musician, it’s vital that you focus your energy on activites which offer the highest potential for payoff. Therefore, building an email list (and working it) should be one of your top priorities.
So… How do you get more people to love your music?
By building and working your email list!
Your email list (aka database) is the single most productive marketing activity you should be working on right now. I’ve put together a short list of articles from across the innertubes for you that will help you become a better, more successful email marketer.
- If You Don’t Start Email Marketing, Then You’ll Hate Yourself Later!
- 4 Things You Can Giveaway In Exchange For An Email Address
- Why Email Newsletters Are Still a Vital Marketing Tool for Musicians
- Why You Need To Use Email To Promote Music
- Why Email Marketing Is Important For Hip-Hop Artists
- 11 Reasons Why Your Email List Beats Social Media
- Musicians: Stop Building An Email List