There’s no doubt about it, the music business is tough. Independent rappers face a long, difficult grind. Artists like Chance the Rapper, Tech N9ne, Nipsey Hussle, MF Doom and Tyler the Creator make going independent look easy… Because we don’t see the countless hours, hard work and tenacity these artists have put into building their brand.
It takes a special kind of person to succeed in the music industry. Someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who will keep going no matter how hard it gets.
When it comes to marketing, the very thought of it can be discouraging. How do I cut through the clutter? How do I get my music heard? The following is a list of seven great marketing ideas (and lessons) independent rappers can use right now.
7 Great Marketing Ideas Indie Rappers Can Steal Right Now
- What Selling Heroin Can Teach Us About Selling Any Product
- 3 Lessons Gangsta Rappers Can Teach You About Marketing
- How to Create a Marketing Plan for Independent Hip-Hop Artists
- What Dr. Dre Can Teach Marketers About Storytelling
- 3 Entrepreneurial Lessons to Learn From Kanye West
- Four Things 50 Cent Can Teach You About Connecting with Your Audience
- How One Rapper Used Email + Video to Create a Loyal Following
Now go do it! 😀